4 June 2008

Tag Along

Mardel tagged me. I decided to play along. I wish I was more interesting. Oh well, here goes...

What was I doing 10 years ago?
I had just finished graduate school and defended my MSc thesis (Title: Heteroditopic Receptors - all 134 pages of super geeky chemistry goodness written by little ole me. By training I am an organometallic chemist - here's a little tidbit to give you a taste of my research.). At the same time, I was finishing up my BEd degree as well. My husband and I just bought our house and were in the midst of some home improvements. You might say I liked to keep busy!

What are 5 things on my to-do list today?
1. Make up a gas law test for my grade eleven classes - check.
2. Make up an electrochemistry quiz for my grade 12 class - check.
3. Continue working on the exam for my grade 12 class - check.
4. Mark the gas law assignments from my grade 11 classes - in progress.
5. Go on a walk with my husband and Simon - hopefully later if it doesn't rain.

Snacks I enjoy.
chocolate
chocolate
chocolate
vegetables and onion dip
chocolate

Things I would do if I were a billionaire.
1. Buy 1000 acres.
2. Build a custom designed home on the property.
3. Adopt 10 dogs.
4. Fence in 5 acres in which the dogs could safely roam.
5. Give huge dollops of cash to any organization that cares for animals.

Places I have lived.
LaSalle, Ontario
Windsor, Ontario - which borders on LaSalle, Ontario
LaSalle, Ontario
I am basically a barnacle - I find a place I like and I stick to it.

What types of work have I done.
Research chemist
Chemistry teacher
Yup, that's it.

6 peeps I want to know more about.
If you're reading this, I tag you.

8 comments:

Gwen said...

Not boring at all - or, at least, I'm the same way. ;)
Once I find something or someone I like, I tend to stick with it!

Mardel said...

Not boring at all! and I tend to stick to things and places I like. I kind of admire people who know what they want to do and do it (not like me).

That idea of building a house on your own land is good, but I'm so settled, I couldn't imagine where I would go.

Lory said...

What a fun little q&a! I just finished reading yours (which was not at all boring) so I'm tagged too? Cool beans. I'm posting my answers on my blog.

Hugs,
Lory

Linda T said...

Hey, I'm with you about the animals. If I win bunches of $$, I will buy more land and have my own humane shelter and hire my Vet as the full time doctor!

Looking forward to watching your coat progress!

Anonymous said...

A barnacle. I like that. You can come visit my land (only 2 hours or so away I would guess) when you need some open spaces. I just got gome from a walk with my daughter back to our bush and the neighbours pond. We saw a wild turkey, a coyote, some jumping bass, a beaver lodge (no beaver today) and an animal that we are going to call a bear cause it was too black for a raccoon! But it was probably said raccoon.

Maryissewfast said...

Good stuff Shannon...you are a busy (and smart) woman. And I've finally been tagged by someone! Hallelujah. Mary (the sarcasm never ends)

Mary OK said...

Shannon, A barnacle! TeeHee! No, I agree with the others -- not boring at all. Very accomplished. Like the Mary above me, I welcome the opportunity to tag myself! Will answer the questions on my blog.

Anonymous said...

just reading the blog because i love all things vintage. Just thought id say i love the barnacle comment. very funny!and describes most people especially me.