2 June 2009

Tag, I'm It!

I have been tagged by pendlestitches for a meme, based on creating lists of eight.


8 things I'm looking forward to:
1. June 26th - the last day of work until September.
2. Going for long walks with Simon every morning this summer at the local park.
3. Sewing anytime the whim hits me during my summer vacation.
4. Sitting quietly and watching nature, all day long, on the chaise lounge in my backyard.
5. Going on weekly nature trail hikes with Simon and my hubby each weekend this summer.
6. Building our dream house on 4 acres of property that we bought a few years back.
7. Having my very own sewing room in said house.
8. Having a large fruit and vegetable garden, bordered by a flower cutting garden on our property.


8 things I did yesterday:
1. Taught my grade 12s how to balance redox reaction equations.
2. Taught my grade 11s the Ideal Gas Law.
3. Went for a walk with Simon.
4. Made tuna noodle salad for dinner.
5. Lifted weights for an hour.
6. Read all my favourite blogs.
7. Polished my nails.
8. Did some laundry.


8 things I wish I could do:
1. Eat huge amounts of chocolate everyday and not gain any weight.
2. Guarantee Simon a lifespan similar to my own.
3. Take away my husband's work stress.
4. Convince my husband that the hamper will not bite him if he gets near it.
5. Wave a magic wand and make my house clean.
6. Take away my best friend's back and neck pain permanently.
7. Make some of my students more responsible, less whiny and more socially aware.
8. Win enough money in the lottery to build the dream house, fence in all 4 acres, sit on the back porch and watch Simon sniff around the yard.


8 shows I watch:
1. Supernatural
2. Medium
3. Ghost Whisperer
4. Bones
5. Stargate Atlantis (& Stargate SG-1 before it) - I miss you!
6. Battlestar Galactica - I miss you too!
7. House
8. The Tudors

4 comments:

Meg said...

"Convince my husband the hamper will not bite if he gets near it." LOL!! If you figure this one out please let me know. I have a husband and a sone who suffer from this affliction.

Reethi said...

Yup, same reaction to the same line at Lindsay. So very funny!

Nancy in A2 said...

Stargate Universe holds some hope. It looks like a convergence of Stargate and BSG (the best show ever). Eureka is worth checking out, if you get it.

angie.a said...

OMG I miss BSG. Miss it actually doesn't even completely convey how I feel. I'm still pretty gutted it's never coming back. :(

Other than the Tudors, that's my 8 shows I watch! HAHA!!! (Do I need to watch the Tudors??)