23 August 2010

Lacquer Lundi

Hmm, it seems that polishing one's nails on a somewhat regular basis and having a new puppy in the house are two mutually exclusive things.  A certain Mr. Hartley Dog is not a big fan of the drying time required for a manicure.  He believes that all waking hours should be filled with walks, belly rubs and games of fetch and chase the puppy.  And I tend to agree, so the nail polish selection is quite limited this week (but, they're both very pretty purples, so check 'em out).


On to the pretties:


Zoya - Adina
- purchased at spaboutique.ca for $9.00 CDN

Adina, from Zoya's Spring 2010 Reverie collection, is a medium dusty purple base with awesome teal (and sometimes gold at the right angles) shimmer.  It is such a pretty duochrome - the finish reminds me of the inside of an oyster shell.  This polish really needs to be experienced in person - it is such a pretty and interesting colour - it is one of my favourites from this year's offerings.

Adina applied wonderfully and covered completely in two coats.  It wore well with only minor tip wear after two days.  This polish is very unique in my collection - I don't have anything else like it. 


New York Color - Irresistible Indigo
- purchased at Rexall (chain drug store) for $1.36 CDN

Irresistible Indigo is an older offering from New York Color, but you may still be able to find it in drug stores that don't clear out stock well or at a local dollar store.  If you can find it, it's worth it.  Irresistible Indigo is a gorgeous medium purple, with a very subtle silver microshimmer.  For some reason, it makes me crave grape pop.

Irresistible Indigo applied fairly well, although it is prone to bald spots.  I was able to get adequate coverage with two coats, but I did have to go back and even out some streakiness on a few nails.  It wore well, with tip wear after two days.  All in all, a decent polish at an extremely affordable price.

12 comments:

meredithp said...

So other than demanding of all your attention, how is Hartley? He sure is cute (and your nails are lovely too.)

Rose said...

Mr. Hartley Dog sounds like a normal, healthy member of your family. He must know how cute he is and believes in getting all attention possible. I'm surprised you managed two polishes to show. They're both pretty!

Connie said...

Hartley looks sweet! Hey, Shannon a question for you- are you thinking of going to Novi in Sept? I am bringing a few women, and could meet you somewhere....

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

I'm happy that you are spending quality time with Hartley...however, I'm jonesing for a sewing fix. Now I know you've been sewing, so c'mon show us sumthin'...just a little sumthin' sumthin'...pleeezzee before school starts up!

Shannon said...

Hartley looks so cute! I love both those nail colors but that Zoya is awesome!

Carol said...

I am sitting two dogs at the moment. With three dogs in the house I have no time for anything. Plus, they all sleep on my bed, which leaves me very little room so I'm not getting much sleep either. I love it!

Helen said...

I'm so glad you're having so much fun with Mr Hartley Dog! He looks great! Love your nails (but of course, Hartley comes first now)!

Anonymous said...

All those puppy activities sound like lots of fun. It's been three years since I've had a dog. . .

I like the N.Y.C. colour. Think I'll keep my eyes open for that one.

Claire S. said...

All puppies (ha, and grown dogs, too !) think it's all about them !

And they're righr, aren't they ? LOL

Mr. Hartley Dog looks like a sweetie pie :-)

Carolyn said...

I'm really in awe of your manicuring skills... your nails are GORGEOUS and your collection must represent all shades of the spectrum. Do you share with friends? I love the Zoya one best ...
and your dog is adorable!

Sharon M said...

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying having Hartley around... it sounds like he's keeping you very busy (and when school starts, of course, you'll be even busier).

Adina is gorgeous; I've wanted it since seeing swatches of it when it was released, but it's very hard to find around here. Thanks for mentioning the website where it can be purchased... it turns out they take debit cards so I'm saving up for a spree there in a month or so.

fiberchick said...

Maybe you need to include Hartley in the nail polishing process. You both have red hair so you should both look good in the same colours!